Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Good Bye for Now


Me, Michael and Christina - October 2013
A number of years ago I ran across a quote in the newspaper from the novelist James Michener.  

It impressed me so much that I cut it out and carried it in my wallet until it was tattered and worn:

Southern Florida is filled with people who are 65 years old who wanted to do something big in their lives but wanted to wait until it was safe.  Now it is safe and they are 65 years old.

Yesterday I left my employer of 14 years for another opportunity at a money manager here in Boston.  My first day is tomorrow.

Unfortunately my new company does not (yet) allow me to continue to blog, so I will be temporarily suspending Random Glenings.  Hopefully I can convince them to change their policy soon.

In the meantime, I wish you only the very best of holiday seasons!

No comments:

Post a Comment