Friday, September 3, 2010

Twitter


I like Twitter but, honestly, I don't find it the most user-friendly.

Turns out that I'm not alone - here's a post on the service from Henry Blodget at the blog Clusterstock.

Twitter allows me to follow a large number of bloggers and traditional media sources fairly easily. This morning, for example, I was able to quickly get reactions on today's unemployment figures, which is helpful in doing my investment management work.

On the other hand, there does seem to be a number of tweets that go out that I really don't see the point. For example, I still don't get is a lot of the hashmarks (#) with numerous initials that stand for categories that Twitter pros get but lots of others don't.

I think that Twitter's potential is huge but they have to figure out a way to become more accessible to a larger market.


No comments:

Post a Comment