Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Joshua Boger of Vertex

Last month I went to a reception here in Boston held in honor of Wesleyan University's president Michael Roth.

I didn't attend Wesleyan, but my son Michael is a sophomore. Both my wife and I have become big fans of the school, and of President Roth.

The head of Board of Trustees at Wesleyan is Joshua Boger, who is founder of Vertex Pharmaceuticals.

Mr. Boger introduced President Roth at the reception, but to be honest I didn't know too much about either Joshua or Vertex.

Well, maybe I should have.

Vertex is a very interesting company, and is doing work that hopefully will address some serious health issues in our society. The Massachusetts-based firm is involved in cutting-edge research in the development of drugs to help patients deal with both hepatitis C as well as cystic fibrosis.

It has also been a terrific stock (ticker: VRTX), to put it mildly, nearly doubling in the last three years.

Wesleyan put out this video featuring Joshua Boger, and I thought it was so good that I wanted to post it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment